Friday, June 23, 2006

Reply from Hearst regarding Tower Visit

By far, the most questions I received from colleagues that have followed my blog was reagrding my bad experience at the Hearst Tower. I wrote to them regarding my experience and this is the reply they sent:

Richard,

Thank you for contacting us.

We really appreciate your interest in the Tower and are very sorry to
hear that your visit was unpleasant. If you come back to New York, we
hope you will come back to visit the Tower and its public spaces.

The building is accessible to all NY based employees, or other Hearst
employees who have been issued a Tower ID badge. Other staff and
visitors without this ID, need to contact a NY based employee to be
registered in the Visitor system.

However, for security purposes, photos are not allowed in the building.
Any photography and/or videography must be pre-approved through Hearst
Security.

Again, thank you for alerting us to this. We'll definitely make sure to
communicate our concern about your treatment to Security.


I'm glad they wrote back, but it will be a very very long time before I'm ever in New York again.

Aloha,

Rich
(almost done being sick from vacation)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home